The Village of Alert Bay in partnership with the Town of Port McNeill is seeking a dedicated individual to join our teams as a Shared Economic Development Officer. This is a 52-week term position that is grant funded for 35 hours per week. Due to the aspect of providing services for both communities, the ability to be flexible and work in both the Village of Alert Bay and Port McNeill is a necessity.
We are looking for a candidate who will bring enthusiasm, innovation and experience to support our communities with oversight, engagement, analysis and research, communications and relationship management for various services and projects including:
• Port McNeill downtown revitalization
• Updating Port McNeill’s Economic Development Plan
• Furthering the 2015 Tides of Change (TOC) Economic Strategy within Alert Bay
• Aligning the TOC strategies and objectives within Alert Bay’s bylaws and policies
• Point of Contact and Business inquiries (both communities)
These projects will have significant impacts to Port McNeill and Alert Bay. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to make a difference.
The Village of Alert Bay (as the lead applicant) to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Lyle McNish, CAO c/o – Closing date: July 31, 2023
- Swimming Pool
- Visitor Experience & Heritage Museum
- Public Works
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or please feel free to stop by and bring one to our Town Office or Visitor Information Centre before March 31, 2023 at 4:30pm